I rapidly build new products for fast-moving companies. I specialize in Web3 Development, AR, Machine Learning, and the human side of Engineering.
Tender Finance May 2022 - Present, San Francisco
Building a world-class engineering team at a soon-to-be legendary DeFi startup
- Developing an MVP
unspun.io Jan 2021 — May 2022, San Francisco
Lead software projects at a body-scanning / robotics / advanced manufacturing startup.
- Engineering lead + product manager for the unspun app, a body-scanning clothing-making experience with 4.9 stars on the app store as of April 2022.
- Talked to customers & prioritized features to iterate on *UX*. Collaborated with designers & developers on our *Figma*.
- Contributed to the body-scan -> physical jeans system using *Python*, *React*, *PostgreSQL*, and *Jupyter*.
- Organized quarterly resource planning meetings for the executive team.
- Created a new cross-team (sw, production, growth) sprint planning process.
- Facilitated honest conversations. Smoothed friction between teams.
- Improved engineering processes, especially sprint planning.
Ondaka Oct 2018 — Present, Mountain View
Engineer #1 at Industrial 3D modelling & machine vision startup
- Built and delivered an enterprise 3D visualization product used by big energy companies from the ground-up
- Shipped an enterprise MVP in 1 month using *React* + *Node* + *MongoDB*
- Have dialogues with customers to understand the user-journey, attend sales calls to close deals
- Built and maintained a resilient cloud infrastructure on AWS that meets customers' security and uptime objectives
- Train machine vision models that run in web browsers with *Tensorflow* and *Tensorflow.js*.
- Contribute to Google Brain's Automl open source project
Code Made Now Feb 2019 — Present, San Francisco, CA
I consult with companies to improve codebase design and implementation.
Kaliber.AI Feb 2016 — Oct 2018, San Francisco, CA
I was the employee #1 of a 16 person AI startup. I did a lot: hired the team, ran sprints, coached, mentored, built infrastructure, and wrote code.
- Lead developer of cross-functional speech recognition & machine vision team
- Trained and deployed ML models in *Python* with *Tensorflow* and *Keras*
- Wrote enterprise apps across the whole stack ML + UI + Back-End
- Built & evaluated deep convlutional network architectures with *Keras*, *Tensorflow*, and *Jupyterlab*
- Instituted standards and research processes for ML & Data Science teams
- Led team of back-end developers to build REST services with *Python*, *MongoDB*, *PostgreSQL*, and *Redshift*
- Designed scalable, containerized services with *AWS* & *GCP*, *Docker*, and *Travis*
- Implemented complex, real-time single page apps in *React.JS*
Invisible Analyics Mar 2015 — Dec 2015, New York, NY
Lead development and implementation of a personal healthcare analytics app.
Digital Media Academy, Stanford Summer 2014, Stanford, CA
Taught students in Introductory and Advanced *Java* Classes
ErgoDirect.com Nov 2012 — Aug 2013, San Carlos, CA
Created web-based data analytics & reporting platform, worked on database system, improved customer-facing U.I.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Class of 2015
- Graduated youngest of my class, at age 18.
- Thesis: A Critical Review of the Econometric Research on Youth Unemployment
- Paper: An empirical analysis of the Solar Photovoltaic Industry
- Archive of my Machine Learning, Econometrics, and Data Science Labwork.
- Started a startup senior year
- Rensselaer Leadership Award
- Rensselar Professional Leadership Program
DAO Planet 2021 —
We created the first ever 2-day DAO summit during EthDenver
Taskforce.is 2013 —
We build large-scale digital campaigns to protect Internet freedom.
The Gubbio Project January 2020 —
Data Engineers & Data Scientists Project Group 2016 — 2017
I organized small group that met in the Burlingame library that geeked out-over data science
- Python (numpy, pandas, etc.)
- TensorFlow + Keras
- AWS & GCP
- Understanding Customers
- Ruthless Priotization
- Sprint Planning
- Combating Scope Creep