I've been building products for fast-moving companies since 2012. I like Machine Learning, VR, and the human side of Engineering.
Tender Finance May 2022 - Nov 2022, San Francisco
Led the engineering team of an early-stage startup building a web3 lending platform. Accepted into Binance’s Most Valuable Builder accelerator.
- Hired 4 engineers and built a 7 person product team
- Web3 Full-Stack development: Font-end in *Remix.js*, *React.js*, and *TypeScript*. Wrote smart contracts in *Solidity*
- Shipped 2 MVPs in 6 months
- Demonstrated technical thought leadership by speaking at San Francisco Blockchain Week, Decentral Miami, and EthCC Paris.
unspun.io Jan 2021 — May 2022, San Francisco
Led software projects at a body-scanning / ml / robotics startup.
- Engineering lead + product manager for the unspun app, a body-scanning clothing-making experience with 4.9 stars on the app store as of April 2022.
- Contributed to the body-scan -> physical jeans system using *Python*, *React.js*, *PostgreSQL*, and *Machine Learning* with *JupyterLab*.
- Organized quarterly resource planning meetings for the executive team.
- Talked to customers & prioritized features to iterate on *UX* in *Swift*. Collaborated with designers & developers on our *Figma*.
- Created a new cross-team (sw, production, growth) sprint planning process.
- Facilitated honest conversations. Smoothed friction between teams.
- Improved engineering processes with more intentional sprint planning.
Ondaka Oct 2018 — Jan 2021, Mountain View
Engineer #1 at Industrial 3D modeling & machine vision (StartX, Alchemist) company.
- Trained *Machine Learning* models on synthetic data from 3D models, and submitted my contributions to Google Brain's Automl repository (http://tinsy.me/rCngSF)
- Built and delivered a web-based 3D visualization product used by big energy companies from the ground-up
- Shipped an enterprise MVP in 1 month using *React.js* + *CSS* + *Node.js*+ *MongoDB*
- Engaged in dialogues with customers to understand the user-journey.
- Worked with the sales team to close deals by attending client meetings
- Built and maintained a resilient cloud infrastructure on AWS that meets customers' security and uptime objectives
- Trained machine vision models that run in web browsers with *Tensorflow* and *Tensorflow.js*.
Brazen Ideas Feb 2019 — Present, San Francisco, CA
I consult with startups to improve software design and process. Some of the companies I have had the pleasure of advizing include: Ex3.io, Resnet.ai, VIIRA.io, and the NCRI.
Kaliber.AI Feb 2016 — Oct 2018, San Francisco, CA
Employee #1 and lead developer of an ML startup. I did a lot: hired developers, ran sprints, coached, mentored, built infrastructure, and wrote code.
- Lead developer of cross-functional speech recognition & machine vision team
- Trained and deployed ML models in *Python* with *Tensorflow* and *Keras*
- Wrote enterprise apps across the whole stack ML + UI + Back-End
- Built & evaluated deep convolutional network architectures with *Keras*, *Tensorflow*, and *Jupyterlab*
- Instituted standards and research processes for ML & Data Science teams
- Led team of back-end developers to build REST services with *Python*, *MongoDB*, *PostgreSQL*, and *Redshift*
- Designed scalable, containerized services with *AWS* & *GCP*, *Docker*, and *Travis*
- Implemented complex, real-time single page apps in *React.JS*, *HTML5*, and *CSS3*
Invisible Analytics Mar 2015 — Dec 2015, New York, NY
Lead development and implementation of a personal healthcare analytics app.
Digital Media Academy, Stanford Summer 2014, Stanford, CA
Taught students in Introductory and Advanced *Java* Classes
- Python (numpy, pandas, etc.)
- TensorFlow + Keras
- AWS & GCP
- Understanding Customers
- Ruthless Prioritization
- Sprint Planning
- Combating Scope Creep
DAO Planet 2021 — Present
We created the first ever 2-day DAO summit during EthDenver.
Taskforce.is 2013 —
We build large-scale digital campaigns to protect Internet freedom.
The Gubbio Project January 2020 —
Data Engineers & Data Scientists Project Group 2016 — 2017
I organized small group that met in the Burlingame library that geeked out-over data science
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Class of 2015
- Graduated youngest of my class, at age 18.
- Thesis: A Critical Review of the Econometric Research on Youth Unemployment
- Paper: An empirical analysis of the Solar Photovoltaic Industry
- Archive of my Machine Learning, Econometrics, and Data Science Labwork.
- Started a startup senior year
- Rensselaer Leadership Award
- Rensselaer Professional Leadership Program